#KindnessWarrior: Robett Hollis
If you've ever met Robett then you know what it's like to meet human sunshine. Robett is the kind of human who radiates optimism, energy, & compassion. He's also an absolute balllllllllllller of a businessman.
Robett is, amongst other things, voraciously curious. He's not afraid to ask questions that are open, direct, & cut right to the core of an issue - & I adore this about him.
After years of "knowing" each other online, Robett & I finally met IRL about 8 months ago & have gone from friends to whānau almost overnight. If ever there was someone who embodies the ideals of a nuanced, fun, fast-talking, live-streaming legend of a #KindnessWarrior, it's my bro Robett.
Here's to the hustle, the slow-down. old school hip-hop & made up songs that keep our kiddos entertained! Rock on, RH.
Q & A with Robett Hollis
1. What three words best describe you? Relentless, Optimistic, Creative, Rulebreaker
2. Why those three words? See above for my 4th word.
3. What did you want to be as a kid? Taller.
4. Tell me about compassion & how it shows up for you daily. Each day I schedule and set time aside to reach out to random people all through my world to check in and say sup. Stopping to think about others is often underestimated and overlooked by many stuck in their own worlds.
5. Who inspires you most in your daily life? It's always me vs me in my head. I'll push - but know there's always more in the tank - ALWAYS.
6. Name a moment in your life when you were courageous! Every single day travelling the world in my former life as a professional snowboarder. Almost dying multiple times a year gives you a different view on risk and perspective for sure.
7. What does kindness look like/mean to you & how does this manifest in your daily life? I try to 'Pause & Center' when it comes to others.
What's in their world? What are they seeing? Starting their helps you see where you can help and how to sometimes just be there for them. Plus I like to always be the one to GIVE - not ask.
8. What motivates you to do what you do? The fear of future regret. I REFUSE to be that 70 year old wishing I did certain things.
9. When are you happiest? Laughing, yarning and surrounded by Day One's
10. We’ve all got a zinger of a power song what’s yours? Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Part 2. Straight BANGERRRR!!!!! haha.
11. Introvert or Extrovert? Extrovert publicly - But spend a LOT of time solo thinking, reseting, working out and planning.
12. What’s one thing we could all do to change the world for the better? Global regulations to prioritise the health of the planet.
13. Name a deal-breaker for you. Moral and Ethical Compass (or lack thereof).
14. When did you last sing out loud? (Also, what were you singing?) Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Part 2. Straight BANGERRRR!!!!! Or one of my made up baby songs I rap to my 1 & 2 year old daughters. haha.
15. What’s your biggest hope for the world in 2020? Boards bring on braver thinkers, CEO's go on offence, employees find better balance, nations get more resilient, locals back more local, tech solutions get consolidated for all, people realise we can shape a new world + Raiders win a Superbowl.
16. What’s your biggest fear for the world in 2020? Health of the people. We don't try to rush back to our old ways and it be BAU 2.0.
17. You get one super-power, what is it? Fly. I have had the same dream since I was a kid. I can fly, am free to move and do what I wish. To be fair - in some ways I kind of already have that super power. FREEDOM.
Find Robett online here:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robett.hollis/